Since I am back at work and not nursing during the day, I have to find time and locations to pump during the day. Most know that I do not work out of an office, I work out of my vehicle which happens to be a minivan (no laughing). Anyway, I generally get time to pump once a day and if I am lucky, twice a day. You think it would be easy to find locations to pump but really it has proven to be a bit difficult.
A few days ago I pulled up to the gym in the back where the dumpster is thinking, for 20 minutes, nobody will be back here. Sure enough, one of the trainers comes out to put stuff in the dumpster and there I was pumping away. He gave me an "oh shit" face. hahaha! I laughed it off until he came back 5 minutes later to throw more away and that is when I gave him my "seriously, get a life perv!" face.
The next day I needed to pump before lunch. I was in a small town and didn't want to pump in the parking lot of the doctors office so I parked at the library. The library is across the street from the police office. This time, I get in the back of the van and decide I will pump there. I have the car on, the radio on and I am pumping away. I decide I will rest my eyes for a few minutes and before you know it, a police officer is knocking the the window to ask if I am OK?! I proceeded to give him a thumbs up and when he turned his back, you can imagine what finger I gave him.
So, I learned my lesson and now I get in the back of the van, sit on the floor, car running, music on and have a blanket to put over myself. The things one does to provide their child with liquid gold!
8 comments:
Haha! That's hilarious. A friend of mine had a job where she had to drive alot during the day and she bought one of those wrap around nursing covers, a hands-free pump kit, and would actually pump while she was driving between locations. Nobody could see in her car (except maybe semi-drivers) but she was covered anyway.
Oh man! I haven't had to pump in the car (also a minivan) yet and since I work at home I'm free to do it whenever I'd like right at my desk. I learned to nurse Olive in the back seat of the van though after a bunch of little baseball players came walking by the van one night during Logan's tee ball game. Ugh!
OMG!!! I am laughing so hard, only because I can see your reactions to this Sam.
I never had those problems, only one time did I face a really rude employee while trying to pump in the family restroom at the mall (it was my first and only time doing that at a mall). I used to pump while driving between KC and IA all the time. I'm sure the truckers loved it!
Keep it up. You're doing a good job
Oh yeah, a hands free kit is a MUST! I had a mom band
You are too funny! What does one do while they pump? Read a book, sew a quilt, etc? Just curious.
Well, I don't have the hand's free thing...I should look into it. But I generally throw my head back and take a cat nap for 20 minutes! :)
If you do have a hands free set, I read books, watched TV, did crosswords, anything to kill 20 minutes
I don't have a hands free kit either. But because I'm always pumping at my desk, I surf the internet and can work the entire time.
Post a Comment