Saturday, July 26, 2008

An week in Okoboji

We took a week of vacation to spend time in Okoboji on Spirit Lake with Ryan's family. They have owned a cottage on the lake since 1943 and it is always a relaxing vacation. Here are a few of the photos taken.

The "h" necklace is what I purchased for myself from Tiffany's in Minnesota when we went to Hammell's wedding. I love it. While I was in the water we had Carol, Ryan's mom, wear it for safe keeping. Henry loved the boat. We purchased him an infant life jacket just in case. Lucky for us, there was no need for it to be used for life saving purposes. He took naps while on the boat and enjoyed looking at the water. I think he will be a fish. He loves baths, the pool, and the lake!
Henry got to spend some quality time with dad this week. Ryan is so good at taking care of him. I was grateful he did that so that I could do some shopping and I had a bit of work to complete.
We took up Henry's travel swing and it was a lifesaver. Many times we put it on the deck with us so that he could participate in the conversation with everyone else. :)
This is one of Henry's favorite places. We have so many pictures of him in the hammock and he loved sitting in it looking up in the trees. Whenever he was fussy and we couldn't figure out what he wanted, the hammock was a lifesaver!
Nap time for Henry!



2 comments:

Sarah said...

what a fun vacay! I love T&Co too!! I have the "B" charm for my Return to Tiffany's charm bracelet and LOVE it! I love the initial necklaces too!!! I want the "b" one!

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Love the pics! Especially the hammock pic. Can we say scrapbookers eye when it comes to photos :)