This is our life. Chaotic, inconvenient, and a whole lotta mess but there's a whole lotta love in our family and we're gonna share it with you!
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Big H and the Hickey
Is that how you spell "hickey"? Anyway, Henry gave himself a strawberry on his arm/wrist today. He spent some quality time floating on a mat in the pool today at Carol's and was doing some tummy time while he floated and basically sucked on himself and the end result is a hickey. Has anybody else's child done this? He loves, and when I say love it is an understatement, he loves to suck on his arms, wrists, and hands all the time. He loves his thumb and pointer finger too. When I was checking out his work it didn't seem to bother him and while I was putting him to bed he kept sucking in that same spot and would not nurse! He is just going to make it worse and then it will look like I abused him or something. I keep trying to give him his bink but he wants nothing to do with it. When I wear a sleeveless shirt, he will suck on my shoulders. This could be normal for 4 months or he is a weirdo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
my little guy does the same thing--sucking on my shoulder and loves his fingers, fists and arms. it's another way they learn how to soothe themsleves/root and/or fall asleep.
Olive does the same thing. She either does it on her forearms or her wrists.
No, he's not a weirdo. Babies suck on things, it calms and soothes them. Will he take a pacifier? That might help.
Tyler never gave himself a hickey, but he did suck - on his fingers and pacifier mostly.
HA! I found you through Sara (Duree) Nickel's site. I too have a 4 month old, and he has just started sucking on everything. He likes to suck on my neck when I'm holding him and I'm afraid he will give ME a hickey. :)
Post a Comment