Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Cranky pants

This little man decided the faster flow nipple was a no-go. He still likes nursing which is good for me and he takes a bottle with a generic evenflo nipple at Carol's but will not let me feed him a bottle anymore. Ryan fed him twice last night without a fight but I think he has decided he is eating from the boob if I am going to feed him.
We have ordered our pictures from Trefz. I cannot wait to see them printed and hung up on our walls. So much fun. I love photos but have a hard time getting around to printing them off. I like to send the photos we take to Wal-mart to print but it is getting over to Wal-mart that is the pain in the rear. I just hate shopping there, it's always a crowded and frustrating experience. You can never just get in and out.

Anyway, since Saturday evening, where he had a melt down at Bonnie and Matt's, he has been having a hard time just staying chill. It's like he constantly needs stimulation and truthfully that can be exhausting for all parties involved. I love playing with him and don't mind feeding him but whatever the opposite of being content is, that is what describes Henry's temperament this week. I just hope he gets over it soon.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Baylen has been that way lately too...will not let me feed him a bottle..he fights it and fights it. He will let anyone else feed him one but only will take the boob from me.

Sarah said...

PS: I don't know if it's too early but we started putting Baylen in the exersaucer a couple of days ago and he really enjoys it b/c he LOVES to stand. He will stay in it for about 15 min and then gets tired of it, but it is something new and he spins around and looks at all the toys. Brynn has been showing him how all of them work! :)

Unknown said...

My lactation consultant use to say "Well ofcourse they want to nurse instead of take a bottle from Mommy. It's like offering them store bought cookies when they KNOW the homemade freshbaked ones are still warm in the cookie jar".

Briana said...

Sounds like Olive from about 6:30-8 each night. That's just her fussy time and we have to constantly be holding her or cycling through all her toys. She's decided she likes going for a walk at that time now, so atleast it's exercise for me as well!

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

He'll get over it :) It's probably just a need for extra attention now that you're back at work.

Plus babies have fussy time every day. Just try to share the responsibility of keeping her busy and it will be a tad easier