It is quite obvious he is growing like a weed as well. He was 13 lbs, 12 ozs. He is 25 inches long and on the charts he is in the 85% range however they consider him to be the average size of a 4 month old. He is not really all that chubby except his face, he is just really long. Henry also moved to size 2 diapers today! We decided to move him up because the stick-ums on the sides were having a tough time getting a secure position on his belly. I just packed away all of his 0-3 month clothing and he is now in 3M and 6M clothing. I cannot believe how much he has changed since he was born. It really is exciting.
After his appointment, my mother-in-law watched Henry today for a few hours while I attended a work meeting so that on Monday I can hit the ground running. I was so excited to see him when he got home and wouldn't you know he was sleeping! I took him with me to a Gems of Hope card making workshop tonight and he woke up there. FYI, Gems of Hope Inc. is a nonprofit organization that offers gifts of jewelry mounted on inspirational cards to cancer patients. The patients are invited, along with family and friends, to attend workshops to create these works of art for others. If you want to find out more information about Gems of Hope you can check it out at http://www.gemsofhope.com/. It really is a great organization and I have lots of fun making the cards, plus my mother-in-law is the card making coordinator so its a great way to spend time with her as well.

3 comments:
Nevermind... the needing PT for looking both ways probably explains the photos... scratch what I said before! :-)
Sounds like he's doing great Sam. He is long, Olive is only 24" and she's 4 months. But then again, height is not something that runs in this family!
I think it sounds like he probably needs a faster flowing nipple on his bottles. He should still be able to nurse effectively though. The article I read said to use the smallest nipple that they would tolerate. I think it just sounds like he needs a bigger one now.
Hey Sam,
Katie didn't start on a bottle until about 11 weeks. We started her off on a level 2 and level 3 since she was not liking the bottle at all. The faster flow has never caused a problem with her nursing.
Katie is a long baby too. At her 4 month appointment she was 18 lbs and 28 1/2 inches. She was over the 95th percentile in both. She has her 6 month appointment next week so I m excited to see how big she will be then.
Post a Comment