Well, I have tried to post the flood pictures several times but for some reason it just won't upload them so I apologize. I am sure you may have seen the national coverage of the flood, I just had pictures from areas closer to my neighborhood.
There was a question as to what a sump pump does. A sump pump is located in the basement and it is supposed to prevent water from entering your basement. There is a sensor when the water gets too high that will turn the pump on and pump water under the house out into the yard/street so that it doesn't enter your basement. Our switch didn't work so we had to turn it on every few hours to pump the water out.
2 comments:
I get that question about a sump pump all the time! We have one too (though luckily ours goes on automatically, it was just replaced before we bought the house.) but those who don't have never heard of one apparently.
(Oh and about the photos not uploading, that might be because you've used up all your space already. Try what I do-upload them to www.photobucket.com, then just copy and paste the urls instead of uploading directly to blogger. I ran out of space about 400 posts ago.)
Thanks! Obviously we don't have much use for them here in AZ, especially since basements are few and far between!
Post a Comment