This is our life. Chaotic, inconvenient, and a whole lotta mess but there's a whole lotta love in our family and we're gonna share it with you!
Friday, June 13, 2008
Update of the flood
I am going to update photos soon but the flooding is amazing. It has reached 31 ft, that is 8 ft higher than they thought. It is so crazy and Iowa City, just south of us will be worse. They are closing I-380 from CR to IC for a week because of all the flooding. We are cut off from everywhere it seems for the time being. My property is doing well. We have our sump pump that we manually turn on about every 2 hours. We are limiting water consumption and currently we are not allowed to shower, do laundry, and if we can help it, not flush. :( I look at it as a small price to pay when I think about all those people who have lost everything they own.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow Sam, that's awful! Hope your house continues to avoid the brunt of the flooding.
I'm glad you are hanging in there! I'll keep you guys in my prayers. I have a question, maybe it is a dumb one but oh well. What does a sump pump do? I mean does using it mean there is already water in your house you just have to get it out or you use it to keep the water from getting in? Just curious.
ohhh I had no idea how bad it was in CR until I saw a pic of the downtown completely flooded on the front page of the Seattle Times. Holy Shit....I was stunned to say the least and in tears as Dj read the article to me. :(
Post a Comment