This is our life. Chaotic, inconvenient, and a whole lotta mess but there's a whole lotta love in our family and we're gonna share it with you!
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Keep our city in your thoughts and prayers!
I am seriously worried with all this rain! Keep our city in your thoughts and prayers. I wish I had pictures up. I am sure you can go to www.kcrg.com to see pictures of Cedar Rapids. The river is now at 28.5 ft and still rising. We are getting rain all day and most of tonight. It is crazy. The news is on air working on generators. They will most likely soon have to either go off the air or go to another location to broadcast. It really is a sad day for Cedar Rapids and many of it's residents. We discovered our sump pump was not turning on because the switch did not work but it works if we manually turn it on so we don't have water in our basement yet but I can imagine it could happen. It is so scary, this has never happened to us. The river here is now 9.5 ft higher than in '93! I am looking forward to a few dry days ahead next week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I've been watching the coverage from NH. So much flooding. How are you guys today?
I've been watching the coverage. Hopefully you will not get water in your basement and it stops raining soon - for all of Iowa's sake!
I'm thinking of you all!
Sam, Just read the CF Gazette (home sweet home, hahaha). It's so bad there. Is your house Ok?
Dust and dad are in an evacuation area according to the Register but they're not leaving. GRRRRR.....
I hope you have power!!
Are your parents Ok?
Post a Comment