Monday, June 16, 2008

Work...blah

Today was my first day back to work. It was hard to leave Henry. It was as if he knew something was going to be different. He has been sleeping from 8:30-6:00 for the past few weeks and last night he was up at 1:30 and again at 5:00am. I got up with him at 5:00 and we fell back to sleep until 5:45 when I got up and got ready. At 7:15 I got him up to put his clothes on for the day and put him in his car seat. I am sure he was fine with the change but I am having a harder time than I thought I would. Just before I put him in his car seat I gave him a big fat kiss on the cheek and he gave me the biggest smile as if to tell me everything will be all right. I can’t help but get teary thinking about it. It sucks to think I will have to get up and do it all over again tomorrow morning.

5 comments:

Erin said...

hey sam,
I was thinking about you today. Going back to work is tough.... and it's tough for a few weeks. But it does get easier. The first week back Katie woke up several times in the night and she had been sleeping trough the night for a couple weeks. I think she just wanted to "catch up" with mom. Soon, she settled into her routine and she really enjoys going to the sitter. She loves looking at all the kids, and I know they love trying to make her laugh. I am home with her for the summer, and it's been great but I think I am boring her.... definately not as exciting as daycare.

The week will go by fast! Bring pictures

Unknown said...

Hang in there, it never stops sucking but it does get easier!

Briana said...

Hang in there. It'll get easier, but I certainly feel for you! The first day is awful and pretty much the entire week is tough. But it will get easier and easier, though I will never be completely okay with leaving the kids. But, we've got to work. What can ya' do?

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Sam - You will be fine! I promise. THe first week is truly the absolute hardest, but it does get easier. I think by the endo of the first month, I was Ok with it all. Kudos to you for dropping him off. I refuse to do that unless absolutely necessary because I can't handle saying goodbye. Tyler already gets a million kisses every morning when I leave. Picking him up is the best part of the day. Keep your eyes on the pictures and know that he's having fun (or rather sleeping the day away)

Sarah said...

yep it does get easier. and once you are back at work, you re-evaluate what's important. Before I had kids, I used to work really late at school and I put all of my energy and heart into my job. I still put my heart into my job, but I just don't devote my entire being to it like I used to. b/c now my kids get all of that devotion. :)