The past couple of weeks he has been very unhappy with bottle feeding. I know I mentioned this before but I think it's because we have to move up the flow. We use a PUR nipple. These are imported from another country to the hospital here in Cedar Rapids and they only sell the newborn size. How much sense does this make? As the baby ages, his suck becomes stronger so a faster flow makes sense, does it not? Their theory is that a mothers nipple and flow doesn't change so the nipple flow shouldn't either. Not sure if I buy it. Anyway, a pharmacy here in town sells the faster flow nipples so I finally was able to pick some up today and we will try them out. Hopefully he doesn't drown while trying to eat.
In other news, a lot of people I know are recently pregnant. First my friend Bonnie is pregnant, expecting in September (she is having a boy). My friend Brenda is pregnant, expecting in October (Sex Unknown). Our friends Joe and Becky are expecting TWINS! I cannot imagine but I am so excited for them. I just saw one of my rep friends, Molly, she is expecting a girl in 4 weeks. Lastly, my friend Bex, who lives in England, just announced in my comments that she is expecting. So much fun! I cannot wait to meet all the little ones and for Henry to have more buddies. Most of the blogs I am linked to are my sorority sisters and they all have children (except Sara - she needs to get with the program - :) and I like to think they are Henry's buddies even though they haven't met yet. I say yet because we are going to the Theta tailgate in October and I think they are all attending as well.
I went back to work this past week. The first day was the hardest and it got easier as the week went on but by Saturday I was exhausted. It's hard to catch up on sleep when Henry doesn't like to nap at our house unless it is with us, in our bed. I just don't want to start a bad habit of him wanting to sleep with us all the time. Anyway, by the weekend I was excited to have him all day. We had Nick and Kate visiting (Ryan's best friend growing up and his wife), and Leslie too on Friday night. We went to dinner and hung out at our house that evening. On Saturday we went to dinner with Bonnie and Matt and went to their place after to see all their renovations. They have done a nice job updating their house and I am so impressed with how much they have gotten done in such a short time. On our way to their house, Ryan and I took our first tour through down town. It is indescribable and very sad. It will take years to rebuild the city of Cedar Rapids. On the way home, we took the interstate that travels through down town and it was very eerie. There were no lights to illuminate the sky, it was all dark with emergency flood lights on a few corners. I cannot imagine what the business owners and home owners are going through but I know that the city is doing it's best to help those in need.
So, it's back to work this week. The morning routine has been working well thus far. I am trying to figure out when to work out. I have to do this because it makes a difference in my ability to handle stress and stay focused. I wish Henry liked his stroller more, it would be easy to go on walks but he just screams half the time he is in it. I have tried using a baby carrier but he gets so hot and wants to face out. His neck is stronger but not strong enough to keep his head from bobbing about. Oh well, I will figure something out I'm sure. That's it for now. I hope to get more pictures posted soon!
2 comments:
I can't even imagine driving around and seeing all that devestation. So sad.
Hope the new bottle nipples work out!
How do you put Henry in the stroller? Is he in his carseat and then in the stroller, or is he lying in the stroller itself with no carseat. You may want to try whichever way you're not doing (unless of course you've tried both!) Logan always liked to be in the seat, Quinn-not so much. Olive doesn't care either way. Does he like to be snuggled up close? Maybe a sling would work so you could still get out and walk?
Just like with food, keep trying the stroller. He may not like it now but that's because he hasn't been in it enough. Keep trying, let him screem and eventually he will stop. If it helps, put him in the stroller and hang a toy from the roof cover thing and see if that helps.
As for the nipples, you are totally correct in getting a faster one. He'll be just fine and you'll see that he'll love it. Just give him a day or two :)
I'm impressed you can still work out. We bought an elliptical and I try to go on it, but there are not enough hours in the day. I need to do better on weekends, but we take a lot of walks with Tyler in his wagon, which he LOVES!
You'll have to post pics of the floods. Breaks my heart.
And yes, we will all be there for the reunion. Can't wait to see everyone!
Post a Comment