Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Happy St. Patricks Day

Henry survived his first St. Patricks day, no pinching this kid, he was sure to wear green. In three days we will be celebrating his first birthday and I can hardly believe it. We are having a birthday party for him with our families that should be a really great time. It seems like just yesterday when he was born, time goes by so fast with a baby. I hope as he gets older it slows down because I don't want to blink and have him go off to college!
Henry has been an indescribable delight, and even though we have had some very trying moments, I cannot imagine life without him. He is very head strong, independent, and busy, busy, busy. He doesn't even have time to give me a hug lately.


On the 17th it was 71 degrees and Henry enjoyed spending some time outdoors. I have this strong feeling he will be a child who is always outside. Every time we leave school, he wants to walk on the sidewalk to the car and when we get home, he throws a fit until I let him walk up the sidewalk to the house. I have had a hard time getting him to walk in the door to the house, he generally runs the opposite way because he would rather have wide open spaces to roam, but only on the sidewalk because so far, grass weirds him out! I can't wait for spring to truly arrive and for summer to come because Ryan and I spend a lot of time in the garden and if Henry likes to be outside, it's a win-win for us all!

1 comment:

MrsNick said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HENRY!! It's hard to believe he's already one. Oh how time flies. I hope you are all doing well. Take care!