Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The first thumb sucking!

I was so excited to catch this on camera. We were having dinner at Carol's house for Memorial Day when Henry was hanging out and we caught him sucking his thumb! As for now, I don't mind if he uses his thumb to soothe himself regardless of what anybody says. He uses a pacifier very sparingly and generally doesn't want it when we offer it to him.
Just as fast as he sucked his thumb, he spit it out and that was the end of it. Anyway, it's just fun because he doesn't realize he has hands yet!

3 comments:

Briana said...

Awww, I think that's just the cutest thing! Olive is the first of my 3 to suck a thumb. It's so darn cute!

Unknown said...

Blake is a thumb sucker only when he's tired or hungry (it actually helps cue me in when he needs a nap or a snack)... I love that he does it cause if he's upset at night he'll cry briefly, find suck his thumb, and then he's back off to sleep again.

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

So cute! I bet he'll be a thumb sucker. Tyler never did that, but he loves his paci.

Both Justin and I were thumb suckers so we thought Tyler would be but he could care less about his thum, but he sure does like his index finger (to shove in his mouth and make himself throw up, darn kid!)