Sunday, May 18, 2008

Getting stuff done

This is Henry's first day wearing shorts. The weather has been great here lately and so I have been able to put him in other outfits besides sleepers. He gets hot really easy so I think he appreciates the breeze on his arms and legs. This weekend my mom came on Friday so that Ryan and I could go on a date. We went to Granite City for dinner and by 7:15 we were done with dinner and could not figure out what to do. We ended up meeting up with our friends Jenny and Paul for drinks. It was nice to get out of the house with just Ryan. On Saturday we went to market for flowers and also purchased flowers from the nurseries here in town. My mom watched Henry while we did the planting, cleaned the house and ran errands. It was a huge help to have her around so that we could get tasks accomplished with both of us instead of me handing Ryan and "honey do" list. I think Henry enjoyed spending time with his Grandma.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you and Ryan had some time alone together. I'm sure it was much needed. The photo of your mom napping with Henry is precious!

By the way, thanks for keeping up with this blog. It's so nice to be able to stay up to date on how you're doing!

Briana said...

How nice that you got to have a date! Kevin and I still haven't gotten to do that since Olive was born.

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

He's getting big!!
Nice that you got a date. Justin and I try but as they get older, it gets tougher (And that's with 3 family babysitters less than 15 minutes away)

Anonymous said...

Now that is what I call a Hot Grandma!!!
Love,
Grandpa Paz