Friday, May 2, 2008

Major Meltdown(s)

The past few nights Henry has had major meltdowns. I am guessing this is just a baby thing. I thought before he was having fussy times (between 5-8pm) but I was wrong. I do not know what this child's issue is/was. We try everything to soothe him, changing the diaper, offering him a boob or bottle, burping him, taking clothes off, putting clothes on, giving a pacifier, putting in bouncer/swing, putting in play gym thingy, laying on his belly, leaving him alone, and holding him in every possible position...He was not satisfied! He screamed and screamed and finally calmed down but it went on for what seemed like forever (it was probably only 15 minutes) but screaming for that long can wear anyone out. Poor kid.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

he could have had a tummy ache...do you have mylicon gas drops on hand? if not, get some and try that out next time the little guy is unhappy with anything else...it might do the trick...

Briana said...

He could also have been overtired/stimulated. Olive gets that way if her brothers are being themselves and bouncing off the walls-it just gets to be too much for her and she freaks. But she also does it if she's particularly tired.

Hope they are few and far between for you guys!

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Sarah is probably right.

What about taking him for a walk in the stroller or a car ride? I hear those things work or even putting him by the dryer and turning it on so he has noise to hear?