Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Getting back in the gym

I have wanted to start getting back into the gym. I started today and checked out the nursery and added it to our membership. They have an infant area that is really nice so I think it will work out well. I am thinking Ryan can join me after work and that way he won't feel guilty for leaving me alone for even longer during the day.

I guess my main concern is working out and keeping up with nursing. The past 2.5 weeks I have been walking hills with Henry during the day and I have noticed it effects my supply in a negative way. I don't have to worry about losing the pregnancy weight because I am now 8 lbs less than my pre-pregnancy weight but I would like to have more stamina and just feel better overall. So, I am not sure what to do to ensure I can do both successfully.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What I did in the beginning (when I actually worked out... where did that go?) was I would nurse or pump first and then work out. So it gave me a couple hours before I had to do it again... and drink plenty of water cause dehydration zaps your supply!

You could also try working out in the morning when women have a tendency to have more abundant milk than in the evening when the drain of the day seems to lessen it.

Congrats on working out and losing so much weight! Keep up the great work! I miss the days when I could eat anything I wanted and still lose weight cause I was nursing so often. *Sigh*

Briana said...

Defintiely drink tons of water, that always helps my supply. Also I find that eating oatmeal every morning helps too.

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Congrats to you! I still hold onto 5 lbs of baby weight that didn't come off during nursing. I'd love to do the gym, but no time in our house so congrats on making time for that too!!

When do you go back to work?

Sarah said...

you have time for the gym? wow, I'm impressed. i have no idea when I could fit that into my day anymore...

Sarah said...

hey just be careful about the germs in the nursery....he's still so little so remember he could pick up an illness b/c of other little ones in there and the providers handling multiple children thoughout the day...