Monday, May 5, 2008

Sumo baby

Henry topped the scales at 10lbs, 15.5 ozs this week (he is 6 weeks old). He is soooo long with a chubby face. The height is not genetic, chubbiness is most definitely a genetic thing. I was excited because today was the first day he was interested in playing a little at Mommy and Me so that was fun to actually participate in the activity vs. feed him the entire time.

He is also holding his head up really well. He really likes tummy time and so I have been doing tummy time every morning and night with him. When he gets really tired he starts to lean on his left arm and will roll himself (gravity takes hold) and is on his back! It is so much fun to see him actually doing things.



Since it has been nice here for the past few days, we have been able to go on walks as well. I have found areas that have lots of hills so I will try to drive to those areas just to walk and get in the exercise. He likes his car seat and stroller so that helps.

These next few weeks I am working on getting him to eat more efficiently and maybe be less fussy after 5pm...not sure how that will work out!

2 comments:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Good luck on the fussiness thing. It will go away in time :)

Yeah for tummy time. Now that my kid doesn't move (and they are blaming it on TT), I'm an even bigger believer in tummy time. Go Henry!!

Briana said...

He sounds like he's doing great! He's almost as big as Olive is now! He's probably longer though, we are shorties in this family!