Friday, May 2, 2008

Target gets a big poop sandwich!

So, Target really pisses me off. I have this love/hate relationship with the store right now and I have a strong dislike for their return policy. I cannot remember if I ever blogged about their return policy so here it goes:

If you purchase an item on your credit or debit card or have a gift receipt, no problem for returns, they can look up the item. If you purchase it with cash or a check and do not keep the receipt or if you receive it as a gift and do not have a gift receipt, you are screwed! The store has decided that you may make two returns a year without a receipt under the price of $20. Not only that but if you have more than 2 items, and the combined price of those is still under $20, you can only return two of the items, the other item would have to be counted as your second return. A return also equates to exchange so for example, should you receive a broken item from a friend, you have to use one of your returns to exchange the item for a non-broken one and this is the best part, if it is over $20 you can't exchange it! GRRRRRR!

Seriously, it has not been a problem until we registered for baby items and received some duplicates, many over $20 so we could not exchange the item and even though it was crossed off on our registry, they no longer accept registry's to prove it was purchased there. Good thing Walmart carries some of the same items. I was proud of myself while dealing with the customer service rep, I kept my cool surprisingly but I voiced my opinion of their crappy return policy. I mean seriously, who thinks Target is suffering? Not I.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That totally sucks.. I am familiar with thier return policy from Blake's shower gifts. But fortunately they accepted my registry when I had to return/exchange something... that sucks they don't do that anymore!

Briana said...

Oh I love Target, but this makes me very angry about them. The Walmart here is really awful. I feel like such a lowlife when I go in there. It's dirty, they never have good stuff and I feel icky just being in there. So I stick with Target. But even Walmart's return policy has become more strict, so has Babies R Us/Toys R Us! Don't even get me started on them. I've got a huge pile of stuff I got when Olive was born (as gifts) and you can't even get store credit without a receipt.

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

I'm with you! I switched out a broken frame for a new one and they couldn't that toward my 2 returns for the year - and this was because I had to switch it out so even though it was 1 return (as I had other stuff to return too) it counted as two. DAMN THEM!

I haven't had any problems with our BRU or Wal-Mart