I have purchased myself another cell phone and am slowly adding numbers into it. It's been a frustrating lesson.
Anyway, on the nursing front...
I had been pumping/feeding vs. nursing. It makes me feel better to know how much Henry is eating. It was still very difficult for me, but increased my supply dramatically. Then I thought I would give up nursing, I had had enough. Now, I don't know so I continue to pump and feed and nurse. It is a constant internal struggle for me. Henry doesn't care as long as he gets fed one way or another so at some point I will get over myself and make up my mind.
We weighed Henry yesterday and he topped the scales at 12 lbs, 1.5 ozs. It is crazy! Tomorrow I am going out to lunch with one of my friends I met at the BF group and then a few other girls from the group want to go to lunch next week...yay! It is nice to have something to break up the day and get out of the house for a little while.
As for a gym update, I have been going everyday. I put Henry in the infant area at the daycare and thus far, he has slept in his car seat the entire time. There are not many infants so he gets the area to himself for the most part, no other babies touching him and the staff just lets him sleep so that has been great. Being at the gym has made me feel so much better and gives me more energy during the day.
That's all that is new for now, if there are other things you would like updates on, let me know!
4 comments:
What you are doing to feed him is great! It's exactly what I did for five months (the sixth month Tyler ate stored up BM; I decided six months was good to be on BM and then he went to formula - BOY did I enjoy getting my time back and he could have cared less about the formula). Keep up the hard work.
Remember, YOU get to make the decisions and YOU should not feel bad about any decision YOU make. Do what is right for YOU and RYAN and do NOT feel bad about it, regardless of what ANYONE else has to say about it :)
You have done a great job Sam! You shouldn't beat yourself up over stopping nursing if you need/want to. He's gotten it for the first few weeks atleast and "they" say that's the most crutial anyway. I had to stop with Quinn as well and I cried and cried, I felt terrible. It's not worth the stress if it's just not working out for you or for the baby. I've had 3 and each one has been a completely different journey, so you just never know. He's obviously growing so you have nothing to worry about!
Good luck with your tough decision, I'll pray for God to bring you clarity to help you find your path. It doesn't have to be an all or nothing thing either, you could scale back to just pumping/nursing once or twice a day and then use formula the rest of the time or mix the two so he still gets the benefits if that is weighing on you. Your supply will adjust to whatever demand you put on it.
Just one word of advice, if you do stop breastfeeding or scale back make sure you adjust how much you eat accordingly. When I was nursing frequently I could eat anything I wanted and the weight just melted off me. When Blake started eating more solids and nursing less often I gained a ton of weight because I kept eating like a piggy! Not saying that would happen to you, just passing on my experience!
I agree with everyone here, Sam...do what you feel is best for you, babe, family and your lifestyle. For the first couple of months, you fit into the baby's world. But eventually the baby has to fit into your lives/routines/schedules and this is about the time that happens. And remember, many moms give up on breast feeding after the first couple of weeks. I remember thinking I wanted to end it early with Brynna so many times, but 8 1/2 months later, I did finally stop. I regret not continuing until she was one. However, when I did stop, it was amazing how much more time and energy I had.
Post a Comment