Saturday, April 12, 2008

Cleaning house...sorta.

Alright moms....will my house ever be clean again? It seriously boggles my mind how two people and a baby (who cannot even move without us moving him) can mess up a house in a matter of minutes! We clean and two seconds later it is a mess again. I have cleaning ladies that come once a month and I have had them come twice a month these past two months so that it takes some of the burden off of me but seriously, it gets expensive so I cannot do that for too long - we will have to go back to once a month in the near future.

The other thing I have noticed is the amount of stuff we own. I cannot believe how much stuff we have accumulated in the past couple of years. I just went through my closet to pack up the maternity clothes and winter garments and I cannot tell you how many items of clothing I own that I will never wear. I have sorted through those items and decided what should be donated and what I should try to take to the consignment shop.

While rummaging through my closet, I also decided I need to become more organized in certain areas. Before Henry was born, I took time to organize closets in other areas of the house, throwing away things that were no longer of use and straightening out to closet with things that can be of use in the future. It felt good to be organized but I am telling you, I just cannot seem to get organized in my bedroom and the closets/storage areas associated with it. I guess that is what happens when nobody sees the bedroom but Ryan and I.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

i know what you mean about cleaning house...just wait until you have more than one kid and then try cleaning! ugh...it's never clean here anymore! and when Henry starts playing with toys and dragging toys out (toddler age like Brynna), it's never-ending! oh well....every mom has told me we must not worry about the dust bunnies and enjoy our kids while they are little...I couldn't agree more. my husband, begs to differ though.

Anonymous said...

Sam,
I would be happy to pass along some tips on how to keep your room organized and clean.
Love,
Aunt "T"

Briana said...

I felt the same way when I had my first child. I felt awful that Kevin would come home from work and I had been there all day (on maternity leave) and the house was still a mess. Now I definitely can't keep up with it wiht 3 children, so I have a housekeeper come every other Monday to do it for me. Expensive, yes, but so worth it and also very necessary because I just can't keep up!

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

I know exactly what you mean! My house - at least the closets - are a mess. I'm such a pack rat. I am down to my pre-baby pants (and have been for awhile) but my boobs are not the same so most of my M shirts do not fit anymore (at least not the way I'd like them to). I totally need to get rid of them but part of me is scared/sad to part with them. I keep thinking, I'll get that little again? Although it's doubtful :)

I had my mom help me clean when Tyler was first born and that was wonderful; my house stayed clean. I'm weird and that if the house isn't clean, I can't function. I do envy you for having a cleaning lady :) Just wait until the toys come. Good grief, I look like I live at Toys R Us - and they keep coming.