He was awake for what seemed like forever last night. I swear his days and nights are still messed up and he will be 4 weeks old tomorrow...when does that change? He is awake more during the day than last week but at some point, doesn't he just feed and sleep at night?
This is our life. Chaotic, inconvenient, and a whole lotta mess but there's a whole lotta love in our family and we're gonna share it with you!
Friday, April 18, 2008
A new toy
Last night we busted out a floor gym (I don't know what you call those things) for Henry and he seemed to like it. He is getting in some tummy time. He didn't seem too interested in it while he was on his back. He always looks side to side and never up unless something is supporting his head straight up and down.
He was awake for what seemed like forever last night. I swear his days and nights are still messed up and he will be 4 weeks old tomorrow...when does that change? He is awake more during the day than last week but at some point, doesn't he just feed and sleep at night?
He was awake for what seemed like forever last night. I swear his days and nights are still messed up and he will be 4 weeks old tomorrow...when does that change? He is awake more during the day than last week but at some point, doesn't he just feed and sleep at night?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
yes eventually he'll get it figured out. I hate to tell you this, but my first girl, Brynn, didn't sleep through the night until she was 6 months old. She had her days and nights mixed up until she was almost 3 months old. It was torture. Both my husband and I were just zombies at that time. But, she got better and now she is a great sleeper. Every baby is different. Sometimes they need to be heavier (in weight) before their tummy is full enough to sleep more hours. Some babies just don't figure it out for awhile. My friends have a boy who is 2 1/2 and he didn't sleep through the night until he was 15 months old. Hang in there...I know it seems like there is no light at the end of the tunnel, but it will get better. Before you know it, he'll be like 5 months old and you'll actually miss those little newborn moments, as torturous as they seem at 3 in the morning when all you want to do is sleep.
I agree w/ everything Sarah said, so instead of sounding like a broken record... here is a poem that might give ya some comfort. A friend framed it and hung it in her nursery... I think I'll do the same next time around! Hang in there.
I know it's one A.M. Mom
And I should be asleep,
But my tummy's feeling empty
And I'm hungry as can be.
You say it's three A.M. Mom
And you're tired as you can be,
But I thought I'd like to hold you
And keep you company.
And now it's five A.M. Mom
And I'm rested as can be.
I'm so very glad to see you;
Hope you're glad to see me too.
And when I'm sleeping through the night
I'm sure we'll both agree
That we miss those nights we spent alone
Just my sweet Mom and me.
It took Logan and Quinn a long time to get their days and nights back on track, I'd say about 6-8 weeks or so. It was torture! Hope Henry figures it out soon. Try making your house really bright during the day, with lots of noise (radio, tv, etc.) and at night shut all the shades and have it be quieter. That may help him out a bit. I used to nurse Logan at night with only the light from his night light so he wouldn't fully wake up!
around 4 weeks Kate really had her days and nights mixed up. It would be 1 a.m. and she was just hanging out wanting to play...... Henry will get it all figured out
Post a Comment