After another feeding we tried the bouncy chair. It vibrates and he slept for the most part. After a while he gets fussy about being in it and we put him to sleep in his crib.
So far, Henry has slept in his crib each night except one and that was enough to drive me bonkers - he is just really loud and moves so much in his sleep that every other minute I thought he wanted something so it was back to the crib in his own room. I know they say having them in your room is good for middle of the night feedings but I cannot feed him in bed, I need a chair and even if he needed a bottle, we would have to go down and fix it anyway and that is right by his room so it just works this way for us right now. Sometimes during the day he sleeps in a basket my mom got him and that is easily transportable. Ryan's mom has a basket for Henry at her house that is 3 or 4 generations old. She offered it to us but with the way the dogs chew on their toy basket, it makes me very nervous to have such a nice family heirloom in a place where the dogs could do damage to it so she keeps it safe at her house.
This afternoon my dad stopped by the visit on his way home from a business trip in Illinois. We had lunch and then Ryan, myself, Henry, my dad, and the dogs went on a walk! It was slow going because my incision was burning. It's my fault because I refuse to take the percacet (it makes me sick) so it's plain old Ibuprofen for me (well the prescription strength). I can only take it every 8 hours so I have a few hours until I can take it again. Anyway, Henry liked the walk I think, he actually slept through the entire thing but I would like to think the fresh air was appreciated. I wasn't sure how many layers to put on him. It always worries me I will over heat him and then SIDS comes to mind and freaks me out. He doesn't have much in terms of outer wear so I put a zip up sweatshirt on him and a blanket and called it good. It was a good sixty degrees out so I think it was enough coverage.Today was the first day I went back to sleep after his early morning feeding which was great, I felt better this morning but I get more tired as the day wears on. Ryan did not go back to sleep and has been working in the yard for the majority of the day - I just know he will crash and when he needs his energy he won't have it. I am reading baby wise and it has some helpful tips, It was recommended to me by 5 people so I decided to read it. So far, Henry is on the schedule they speak of so apparently by week 7-9 he will be sleeping around 6-8 hours a night. At this point I cannot even remember what it means to get that much sleep in one period, that sounds amazing!
3 comments:
Hopefully your little guy will start to figure out days and nights soon. The books always tell you when babies are "supposed" to sleep through the night, but I want you to be prepared for anything. All babies are different. Some babies don't like sleeping on their backs or have gas or tummy ache problems early on. Brynna, our first baby, didn't sleep through the night or on her back (flat) until she was about six months old. She finally figured out days and nights when she was 3 months old. I hope Henry figures it out sooner b/c that was awful for us...we were zombies. Our second baby seems to be starting to get down the difference, so that is a positive sign for us but we're not holding our breath just yet...hang in there!
A good rule of thumb as far as how well to dress the baby for outside weather is one more layer than you are wearing yourself. So if you have a coat, so does the baby and then a blanket on top of that should be good. You're right on!
I too decided to stop taking the Percocet after I left the hospital. I did the same with both Logan and Quinn too. The Ibruprofen (prescription strength as well) was enough. But I *think* I was allowed to take it every 6 hours. I just gradually went longer and longer in between doses and was off it about a week or so after coming home. It'll get better. But remember, even though the outter incision may be healed and feel pretty good, there is an incision on the inside as well and it takes much longer to heal. So take it easy! This can actually be sore for months after the C-Section. I'm 10 weeks post partum now and have been out running now for about 2 weeks and feel pretty good.
On Becoming Babywise - GREAT book!! We planned on following it but Tyler was a sleeper from the start.
Way to go Sam. You did everything perfectly. Just keep a hat and socks on your little man when he's outside (rule the doctor told us for our March baby; he had them on constantly until late June).
Fun to see your dad with the baby!
Post a Comment