Doesn't he look thrilled? :) As for Henry, he has begun to develop a little personality the past 48 hours. He has discovered he can cry...I am not too keen on this new development. I have noticed he gets most fussy in the evening, which is so typical of babies. These past two days, he wants to sleep during the middle of the day to early evening. I have had to wake him to eat because later he will want to eat like every 2 hours and I just can not be sitting around topless all night - I just will not do it! Anyway, he is crabby and fussy at night and will be awake forever after feedings which is frustrating because Ryan has to work and he needs his sleep and I need my sleep to get things done the next day. So, that is where we are today - I am exhausted and I need to get better at the sleeping thing!
This is our life. Chaotic, inconvenient, and a whole lotta mess but there's a whole lotta love in our family and we're gonna share it with you!
Monday, April 7, 2008
Trying out the new digs
When Henry was born, he was sent a giant panda bear from Ryan's good Friend Nick. Nick had a giant stuffed animal when he was growing up and the DC Zoo is known for their pandas (that is where Nick lives) and he thought Henry should have a giant panda. The outfit he is wearing was knitted by Nick's mom Linda - not knowing the sex, it is a good neutral color but the flower buttons will probably be replaced (by Linda of course). The hat and sweater are really cool and I love that her gift was handmade.
Doesn't he look thrilled? :) As for Henry, he has begun to develop a little personality the past 48 hours. He has discovered he can cry...I am not too keen on this new development. I have noticed he gets most fussy in the evening, which is so typical of babies. These past two days, he wants to sleep during the middle of the day to early evening. I have had to wake him to eat because later he will want to eat like every 2 hours and I just can not be sitting around topless all night - I just will not do it! Anyway, he is crabby and fussy at night and will be awake forever after feedings which is frustrating because Ryan has to work and he needs his sleep and I need my sleep to get things done the next day. So, that is where we are today - I am exhausted and I need to get better at the sleeping thing!
Doesn't he look thrilled? :) As for Henry, he has begun to develop a little personality the past 48 hours. He has discovered he can cry...I am not too keen on this new development. I have noticed he gets most fussy in the evening, which is so typical of babies. These past two days, he wants to sleep during the middle of the day to early evening. I have had to wake him to eat because later he will want to eat like every 2 hours and I just can not be sitting around topless all night - I just will not do it! Anyway, he is crabby and fussy at night and will be awake forever after feedings which is frustrating because Ryan has to work and he needs his sleep and I need my sleep to get things done the next day. So, that is where we are today - I am exhausted and I need to get better at the sleeping thing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hello my dear!
I'm afraid I don't have any helpful advice for you - my knowledge of babies is frightening! - but I just wanted to say that I am really loving your blog! I look forward to reading it each day and I love that I know what's going on with you guys.
Henry is absolutely gorgeous! I love seeing the pictures of him.
Sending you lots of terribly british love and hugs, Rebecca xxx
Cool giant Panda! You should take his phot with it every month to show how big he's gotten!
Hopefully henry will get into a better sleepng pattern for you soon. Olive's fussy time is between 7 and 9pm. After that she's given a bath, is nursed to sleep and usually sleeps straight through until 6am.
That pictures is GREAT! Like Briana said you should take his picture with it every month until he is 1 and compare. It's fun. I take Tyler's in his rocking chair every month (have from birth until 1 and will again at 18 months). They grow quickly!
He looks like the Fonz in that picture.... "Eyyyyy!"
Sam-Baylen's fussy time is at night too..from about 8-9 p.m. usually. eventually they outgrow it. :)
k, so i need your email sammy poo!! you make a good lookin baby. i hope to visit as soon as i can!! i want to see this little guy.
Zimmy
You've been tagged - see my blog
Post a Comment