Sunday, April 6, 2008

Two weeks old

Yesterday Henry turned two weeks old and to celebrate, he got a bath and we tried out his frog towel...not sure if he is digging it or not but he was so calm during the bath, no fussing just total calm, I think he will be a fish in the tub. Tara, my sister, visited us as well. She was able to attend the "Mommy, Daddy, & Me" class with both Ryan and I. The class was very full and we were trying to come up with a fun story when we introduced ourselves, like she was a surrogate mom to Henry, but in the end just introduced her as my sister. I felt the need to make a good first impression. We had to share anything new happening with our baby and of course, at two weeks old, everyday something new happens but the family next to us announced their child was just getting over pneumonia and has an ear infection - jeez lady, thanks for bringing your kid to class today! Tara had to endure our appointment with the lactation consultant as well. Now, not to embarrass my sister, but she is somewhat of a prude so me whipping out my breast to feed was a little much for her I think. Oh well, I no longer look at them as boobs but feeding stations and some day she will understand. We treated her to Ice Cream afterwards from Parlor City - yum! Today Henry got to go to church for the first time. He slept through the entire service but I like to think he appreciated the music. Truthfully, Ryan and I decided we may be shopping for a new church. The people at our church and the pastor are very nice people, to sad fact is we are not getting much out of the service. It's hard to find a church, I have been to a couple in the area and the message delivery is so important to me. I figure if I am going to be there for an hour or longer, I should get something out of it so that is the new Sunday goal - find a new church.

We also had visitors - Uncle Aaron and his girlfriend Ashly. Henry slept almost the entire time they were here. I wish he would have his awake moments when guests visit so that he would have his sleepy times when we are tired and need to rest.

2 comments:

Briana said...

Glad he enjoys his baths. All my kids do/did as babies as well. I have a few friends who have children who scream the entire time though. Can't imagine what that must be like!

Finding a new church is hard. We did that 3 years ago and are very happy where we are at now. Good luck finding a new one!

(I don't think I have your email address to send you an invitation to my blog. Email me at PrincessThatch @ aol.com and I'll invite you.)

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

He'll stay awake soon enough. Give him a few more weeks and then he'll be awake a lot more :)

The story about Tara made me laugh. But I totally understand. Funny how they are no longer boobs, but feeding machines and everyone and anyone will get to see them. Such is life. Suddenly they're not such secrets :)

We have a great church; it's big with 14,000 people (about 3,000 per service), but you always get something out of it. I figure if I have to sit there for an hour, they better not bore me. Good luck in that search!

PS - When you find a church, try out the nursery. We love sending Tyler too it. He has fun because he gets one on one attention and we can actually listen to the service (we started sending him when he was about 3 months old)