Well, I broke down and gave Henry a few ounces of formula. He seemed to like it, from what I could tell. It wasn't a fight on his part but it was a nice rest for me. No worries, I am primarily still BF Henry but sometimes Mom just needs a rest! This is a picture of him with formula...haha, looks like he is flipping me the bird but I'd like to think his finger just needed a stretch!

I will say, we are getting better and better at BF - each day I think we have more successful feedings than the day before. I have two BF groups I go to each week, more for the social aspect than anything. The women there are great and I have made some new friends to go walking with outside of the group and maybe in the future do play dates or something! I know I sound like a dork but it is great to be around people with babies the same age, having the same questions.
Oh, Henry weighted 9 lbs, 6 ozs today in class! He put on a full pound since last week (that is more than a 2oz per day average of weight gain), I would say he is getting enough to eat for sure!

I will say, we are getting better and better at BF - each day I think we have more successful feedings than the day before. I have two BF groups I go to each week, more for the social aspect than anything. The women there are great and I have made some new friends to go walking with outside of the group and maybe in the future do play dates or something! I know I sound like a dork but it is great to be around people with babies the same age, having the same questions.
Oh, Henry weighted 9 lbs, 6 ozs today in class! He put on a full pound since last week (that is more than a 2oz per day average of weight gain), I would say he is getting enough to eat for sure!
7 comments:
don't feel bad about giving him formula. it's all good. baylen has it when we're out and about, esp. when I don't have time to pump (which is never these days)
and it's all good.
Both Logan and Quinn had formula early on as well as BM. He'll be fine, no worries. Just try and pump during that time as well though, as your supply could start going down. A friend of mine recommended the site www.kellymom.com and it has lots of great tips that have helped me a lot this go around.
It's great that you've found some support groups, we don't really have many around here.
Don't worry about giving him formula. Supplements are good sometimes. Just remember, it's all your decision whether he's BF or forumla and no one is going to judge you either way :)
Resting is good!
And how fun to meet new people. That's so exciting. Makes you want to stay home permanently huh?
Putting out a request for more pictures!!! :) I wanna see that little goo goo head!
Sam,
Henry is flipping you off.
You did the same thing to your Mother and me. Don't you remember?
:)
Love,
Grandpa (B.I.G.)
I agree with Uncle Aaron.
Need more pictures of the cute little spud.
Nothin wrong w/ formula Sam! I think you're a hero for bf'ing only as long as you have! I went till 8 weeks, but was still supplementing even then! Glad he likes the formula!
hey Baylen likes to snack too. seriously....and cluster feed at night like every hour from 7-9. he's going to be my chunka-chuna burnin' love here soon. the kid is just putting on weight like you wouldn't believe! LOL
I shove that pacifier in his mouth a lot to try and steer him of "snacks" all the time, but sometimes it doesn't work and he thinks he needs the snack to fall asleep! LOL Boys are crazy! My daughter's daycare teacher told me (she has 4 kids) that boys would eat our blood if they could! LOL I thought that was so freakin funny!
Post a Comment