Here are some things I have been thinking about...
Daytime with Henry:
It has been almost three weeks with Henry and I think I am finally getting the hang of things (I may have just jinxed myself with that). He seems to be a fairly content baby (again, jinxing myself). So far his days consist of an outing, generally a playtime group or mom's group and eating, sleeping, and pooping. Not a bad life.
Sleeping still a struggle:
I still struggle to sleep while he sleeps. If not for Ryan, I would be a zombie most days. Have I told you what a saint my husband is (besides yesterdays post)? He gets up in the middle of the night to feed Henry a bottle of BM, soothes him and then comes back to bed after I pump more...seriously, a gem! And he doesn't complain about it, he just reminds me we are in this together. I could not do this without him. I think if I could get the sleeping thing down, it wouldn't be so hard but I use that time to get other stuff done around the house. People may suggest to let that stuff go but I cannot do it, it is a personality flaw.
Parents should not bring sick children to group:
Yesterday at a BF group, my new friend Elodie and I met up to get out of the house. This was a new group for both of us, we have been attending groups over at St. Lukes, this one was at Mercy. The group was very large and there were actually infants Henry's age at this group so it was nice to meet some other struggling first time mothers. Near the end, one mother stood up and announced her child was just released from the hospital due to the fact that he had the flu! Now, this was less than 24 hours prior, why would she bring her child to group?! Well, those of you who know me well can just imagine the look I gave that woman (I don't hide my emotions so well) not to mention the expression on the other mother's faces. She tried to reassure that he was not contagious... Well I don't give two S*&t's what the Dr. told her, I wanted her super drooling all over everything, snotty nose child out of there so that our healthy children have a chance to stay in good health! Grrrr. Now I feel better. :)
3 comments:
That sucks about the mom with flu, so sorry. Kids can have the flu and you won't even know it and next thing you know they've infected 10 people. Just part of life now with a kid, sucks though, huh? :)
Way to go Ryan! Keep it up.
Maybe it's a good thing ;) That little guy needs to develop an immune system sometime, right? ;)
So great that you have such a good Daddy in Ryan. Kevin was the same way, I used to feel really bad when he'd get up in the middle of the night since I was the one not working. He said, "Just because you're not getting paid doesn't mean you're not working!" He's a keeper too!
Post a Comment