Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Pain

As most know, I had a cesarean when I delivered Henry. I bounced back really well, I thought. I made sure to take it easy and made sure to take my medication, well, I took the Ibuprofen but not the narcotics. I ran out of the Ibuprofen a while ago and really haven't needed it until now.

On top of that, this past weekend allergies attacked and I felt terrible. I wasn't sure if I had sinusitis, a cold, or allergies but what I did know was that I didn't want to get Henry sick. Ryan stepped up to the plate, as he always does, and took care of Henry for the most part. He admitted it is exhausting. I felt bad that he was having to take care of both of us when there were other things around the house and in town he wanted to accomplish but I am ever so grateful for his willingness to give me a break. Anyway, I went to the Dr. the next day and was given an antibiotic and respiratory wise I feel great. While this little respiratory infection came upon me, so did pain down by my incision on the left side.

This pain has visited me before, but at four weeks, I don't know that the pain I am feeling is normal. My skin is so sensitive to touch, it hurts to wear underwear and pants. Anything that brushes against my skin hurts. There is pain under my skin and incision that burns and feels like a pulling whenever I walk or pick Henry up. It aches while I just sit. I do not think this is normal. I called the Dr.'s office today and let them know I have tried taking hot showers, Ibuprofen, Ice, and rest to make this feel better but it only gets worse and now the Ibuprofen doesn't make a difference. So, we will see what they say when they call back. I had a scheduled appointment tomorrow but I don't know that I can wait 24 hours, it is painful to hold Henry when I feed him, etc. so this has to be dealt with sooner than later.

3 comments:

Tyler-Ashlee's Mommy said...

Yikes. I hear C-sections hurt and the pain is terrible. Hopefully the doctors can get you something so you can get better ASAP!

Unknown said...

I went through that too... I'd feel great and then all the sudden one day the pain would start again. It could be an infection to the incision site, but since you're already on antibiotics that should be helping if that is the case... sometimes even now I still get painful twinges and itchy/uncomfortable where my scar is and I've read that a lot of women get that too... so it could be normal but go see your Dr anyway just to be safe! Hope you feel better soon!

Briana said...

From what I can gather, I think it's probably normal. But I'd be really interested to hear what your Dr. thinks. I know my skin is pretty sensitive still and Olive is 12 weeks old. I remember it taking about a year or so for the entire incision site to feel "normal" again. After 3 C-Sections, I've got a pretty thick scar now so I'm not sure how long it's going to take this time around. At my last appointment (6 weeks post partum) I told the Dr. about some pain on my left side, and what felt like a golf ball sized lump under the skin at the incision site. He said it should probably shrink (it did) and wouldn't be as painful( it isn't) but that if in 6 months it still hurt from time to time I needed to let him know because there could be a nerve trapped in the scar tissue.